ChainCo (InterMoor's mooring chain inspection brand) offers a worldwide service with specialist work including semi-submersible oil rigs, floating production units, vessel and offshore installations, all chain grades and sizes, under all classifications. It also provides mooring chain certification and re-certification, repair and upgrades of heavy duty mooring systems. ChainCo’s solid capabilities include:
Purpose-built mobile offshore chain inspection units that it owns and operates.
A highly experienced and motivated team of senior surveyors and chain inspectors working to DNV, ABS and Lloyds standards.
Credited with a Manufacturer Survey Agreement (MSA), allowing ChainCo to work independently under DNV rules.
Guarantees to have all documentation and certification returned to the client within 5 working days of job completion.
Deployed to any given location within 24 hours.
Ensures customers receive an integrated solutions package which is second to none.
InterMoor Inc. has extended its capabilities and service range by becoming the first US-based company to achieve certification under Det Norske Veritas (DNV) 413: Service Suppliers Engaged in Renewal Survey Examination of Mooring Chain Intended for Mobile Offshore Units.
This means that InterMoor Inc. can now inspect, certify and recertify mooring chains and related components such as connecting links and wire rope for mobile offshore units that have or will have DNV classification (DNV-OSS-101 and 102). There is also scope to include water blasting of chain, visual inspections, measurements and mechanical and non-destructive testing.
Recent upgrades / repairs on FPSOs include:
- Zafiro Producer (EG): Replacement of old mooring chains and wire ropes for 9 of the 12 mooring lines along with 2 drag anchors. Read more here
- Armada Perkasa (Nigeria): Top chain replacement of all ten (10) mooring lines
- Hummingbird Spirit (North Sea): chain mooring management, SPS inspection and chain handling new and old, NDT H-shackles
- Esso Balder (North Sea): dimension control and visual inspection.
- Gryphon (North Sea):chain mooring management, SPS inspection and chain handling new and old
- Knarr (North Sea): Chain and H-shackle NDT inspection