Relying on their expertise as the global leader in mooring solutions, InterMoor has devised complete and dependable solutions to moor dynamically-positioned drillships and semi-subs, especially for scenarios where they may be unmanned. InterMoor’s designs are engineered solutions based on weather criteria and client specifications for specific locations.
OUR PROCESS CONSISTS OF:
• System design
• Operational procedures
• Project management
• Offshore installation
• Inspection & maintenance
BENEFITS OF COLD STACKING VS. WARM STACKING INCLUDE:
• More cost-effective and environmentally friendlier alternative to keeping the rig on DP
• Fast turnaround to design, procure, install and disconnect for reactivation
• Robust design for enhanced station-keeping
• Additional cost savings can typically be achieved when stacking several rigs under one campaign
Cost Benefits for DP Floaters (source: Integrated Rig Stacking Solutions LLC)
Assumptions – Warm Stacking
$ 50,000/day per rig
Over 24 months:
- Cost of rig if warm stacked over 24 months: $36.5M/rig
- Cost of rig if cold stacked over 24 months: $20.6M/rig
- Cost of rig if cold stacked over 24 months (2 rigs): $14.0M/rig
- Cost of rig if cold stacked over 24 months (4 rigs): $10.7M/rig
The most recent systems designed by our engineering team, and installed offshore Trinidad and offshore Malaysia, used a tri-leg mooring system. They were developed to withstand severe storms. The systems are being used to secure the ships in a sheltered shallow water location and allows them to weathervane.
InterMoor also offers maintenance and inspection services and emergency contingency procedures.